This is a three years program organised into six semesters. This program prepares graduates to work in the horticulture sector. The program includes specialised courses on production of fruits, vegetables, spices and ornamental plants production as well as landscaping.
The purpose of this program is to produce competent graduates that are able to integrate horticultural components in farming systems; to understand farmers’ circumstances and provide technical solutions compatible with the available resources; conversant with different types of horticultural industries, from the smallholder farmer and cooperative level to large scale corporate production, as well as well from field/greenhouse production to marketing and export aspects. The graduates should also master planning, organization, management and administrative tasks related to horticultural production.
Expected Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme the graduate of BSc. Horticulture should be able to:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of sustainable ways to make horticultural crops more productive and profitable.
- Able to employ themselves in horticultural-based and related firms.
- Manage horticultural projects, natural resources and environment.
- Assist farmers on matter related to sustainable ways of improving horticultural crops productivity.
- Formulate and execute research analyse and interpret data in the domain of horticulture
- Produce graduates with abilities to work individually and in teams